Field Supply Chain Manager (1 position)
Country/Region: Uganda, Western Region
Location: Western Region
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Area Manager, the Field Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet and management in their respective regions. As an integral member of the Area Management Team, the Field Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day Supply Chain support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
- Inventories and Stock Management
- Asset Management
- Fleet Management
- Filing and Reporting
- Staff Management
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
- A level of professional certification CIPS or any other equivalent in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
- Progressive 3-5 years of experience in leadership handling Supply Chain in an INGO.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have strong reporting and communication skills and excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Experience in procurement, fleet management including vehicles maintenance, servicing & repairs
- Experience in use of Enterprise Resource Management Systems (E- Procurement, Inventory management and Fleet management systems).
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative
- Strong team skills
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 22nd July 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNDE4My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20